NewBridge, a non-profit 501(c)(3), helps bring balance to people's lives
through counseling, housing and education.
NewBridge Offers Ten Tips for a Stress Free Holiday Season
Pompton Plains, NJ - December 1, 2003 - The holiday season is often filled with good times, good food and good friends but let's face it, there can also be tension and stress associated with the holidays. As the holiday season approaches, NewBridge Services, a non-profit community-based health services organization serving Morris and Passaic counties, offers the following tips for a stress-free holiday:
About NewBridge Services
- Maintain your health … watch what you eat and drink, get enough sleep, make time for exercise and make time for yourself to replenish your energy.
- Find a way to give to others … take the spirit of giving beyond family...do something for someone else.
- Don't overextend yourself … don't spend more than you can afford, don't volunteer/do more than you can handle. Start early and get some things out of the way as soon as possible -- addressing holiday cards, shopping, baking, etc. -- to free up time later.
- Avoid family struggles. Have open discussions with your spouse and children about holiday plans…try to have the whole family involved in the decision about what's best and less stressful.
- Focus on the present and/or future, not the past.
- Talk to someone who makes you feel good.
- Play with your children, your spouse, your friends.
- Be child-like…let your senses soak in the sights, sounds and smells of the season.
- Celebrate each event along the way, not just on the day…take joy in decorating the house, wrapping presents, etc.
- Focus on what the true meaning of the season is to you.
NewBridge Services, Inc., a non-profit community organization founded in 1963, provides innovative mental health, substance abuse, housing, children’s and senior services and education programs. Whether dealing with stress, grief, or substance abuse or in need of parenting, relationship or caregiving advice, NewBridge offers counseling programs, educational forums and life-enriching services to help people bring balance to their lives. For more information call 973-839-2520 or click here.